Denise is so patient. Even with an old injured runner like myself. Meet new and old friends for a run or run walk then chill over coffee and the best Nanaimo bar in town – Susanne, Nanaimo
This is how it works:
Where: Meet at the Diana Krall Plaza and we’ll run or walk from there and return there too
When: Monday morning 9:30 am – rain or shine – dress accordingly
Who: Runners or walkers, join in on your own, with a friend, with family, with a well-behaved dog, or with a kid in a stroller.
Cost: $15 per person (kids in strollers and dogs free) (please register and pay in advance)
What: Guided run/walk, tour, Nanaimo Bar and a beverage, e.g. coffee or tea
Details: If there are more runners than walkers, we’ll run. If there are more walkers than runners, we’ll walk. **Plus**, if Monday morning does not work for you, let’s arrange another date and time!
More info and registration: email@example.com
We really enjoyed the run. It was a great way to get a workout in, learn about some local history and get to experience a Nanaimo Bar. We thought the meeting place was convenient, the cost was very reasonable and the distance was appropriate – Joseph and Katie, Seattle
This could be you, experiencing Nanaimo:
(Video by Jessie Zhang, with some footage by John Jensen, on July 6, 2016. Thanks to runners: Amanda, Ashlee, John, and Stephanie and stroller children)
And a few more specifics:
- – Wear good running shoes and running gear (weather dependent)
- – We will run or walk for about 45-60 minutes (6-8k). The pace will vary depending on participants
- – No runner/walker will be left behind
- – You must sign consent form, which includes agreeing to the PAR-Q form. (Options: Read, print, sign and bring with you or read online, but sign printed form when we meet up).
- – Maximum number per session is 10
- – Ideally, you will register at least by noon on Monday (via email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and pay in advance, (e-transfer to email email@example.com) (so we have numbers to tell the restaurant).
Here’s another fun video of the Nanaimo Bar Trail Run from Shaw TV:
(Thank you Jessie Zhang and Rae-Anne LaPlante (ShawTV) for the footage.)